Monday 16 May 2011

Eyes

Laura: Do Pandy's eyes have pupils?
If so, I'm gonna have to make them round, otherwise they won't animate.

Karen: Yeah his eyes have pupils, they are on a blinn layer whereas the rest of the body is on a lambert layer so you might have to reassign the texture to the eyes if its not showing. The texture should be in the texture folder.

Laura:
Ooh, I just nicked the scene file, didn't pick up any textures. Is it a problem if I make his eyes round? Otherwise you'll have to do some crazy texture animating.

Karen:
Yeah that should be fine!! Do what you need to do.

Laura:
Okie dokie. Been at work since Friday, and this is the first free moment I've had. If I make his eyes round, I'll have to re-do all the eye blendshapes.
Alternatively, I can try and create a pupil that sits on top of the eye? The eye controller should be able to move that and his eyes can remain oval, and I won't have to change anything.

Karen:
Yeah if you make a pupil that sits on top of the eye that would be best, otherwise it will take even longer to redo the blendshapes, and we dont have time for that as we should have been animating already.

Laura:
'm sorry. Its horrendous at work, as one of the other staff members is back in hospital and I really need the money. Is Summer ready to go yet?

Karen:
Thats understandable, we all need to earn the moneys these days. Ryan has started the textures for summer but needs to finish them, he's been away over the weekend and hasnt been able to work but he'll get it to you tomorrow. Will you be able to have pandy finished tomorrow so we can start on the animation??

Laura:
Yeah. It's just gonna take me a little while to fix the eyes. Wish I'd realised they weren't round before I started. x_x It just makes it a little more complicated.
Just so you know, I have a 9 hr shift tomorrow, so if I can't get this done tonight, I won't be able to touch it until after 7pm tomorrow.
Yeeeeeeah, sticking pupils on top isn't working. Gonna re-open the file before I cleaned up and just change everything from there.

Karen:
Thats ok, let us know as soon as its done and we'll hopefully have summer ready to give to you as well.

Laura:
Sorted out all the blendshapes. Just the remainder of the weights to paint now. That shouldn't take me too long. I just need to rest after work. Didn't get a chance for a break today.

Karen:
Yay thats good news =D Oh no, not having a break at work must have sucked!! Ryan has been working on summer today but its not quite finished yet, after the eye problem with pandy I found that summer had the same thing, so Ryan remade and re...-textured the eyes to make it easy for you.However the textures still aren't finished yet, we'll have to extend the deadline for that for tomorrow so hopefully you'll have her by tomorrow evening, fingers crossed.


No comments:

Post a Comment